Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I have a piece of property that i have declared the desire

Customer Question
to adversely possess (and filed...
i have a piece of property that i have declared the desire to adversely possess (and filed with the county of Jim Wells, Texas) can i do a quiet title instead? i have lived on the property, fenced it,paid the back taxes owed (up to 37 years continuously) improved it and sought out the owners of record without results.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/29/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon Edita,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, in order to get the deed to the property through adverse possession you must file a Quiet Title action in the county where the property is located. The court will issue an order granting you title to the property when you succeed in your case.

The declared desire to adversely possess the property that you communicated to county will not work to provide you with title to the property. Only the Quiet Title action can do that for you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney