Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I have property that is surrounded by other neighbors and a

Customer Question
road that has been used...
I have property that is surrounded by other neighbors and a road that has been used for 50 plus years and the new neighbor said he didn't have to give me or anyone else a right of way through his property.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: He said that after 20 years of continuous use there should not be a problem getting an easement and I should be real nice to the other neighbor.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I know he has a right to put up the two gates he's installed and can lock them and I can then install cattle guards at my own expense to keep the road open
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/29/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 year ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. I will review it. And then we can discuss it. Sound good?

If you are still interested in discussing the issue, please let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Telephone would be better.
Tina, Lawyer