How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own my house in a single family residence. the County is

Customer Question

I own my house in a single family residence. the County is trying to say that my family does not qualify for single family but a group residential. they use terms like single housekeeping unit and are very vague... they do not require marriage or blood just do not feel we are a family. i am very close with these people closer then my sisters or brothers how do i prove we are a family. very vague. do i need something signed by them? sometimes i meet people from Church and sometimes i adver..tise for roommates. they are fining me civil penalty of $50,000. the neighborhood is predominantly white and i have family who are black and mexican too.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 11 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you. Can you tell me the State that your question pertains to?

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 11 months ago.

Laws vary from state to state, however, if you feel that you meet the requirement of a family you can file a Fair Housing Discrimination Complaint against the County. If you tell me where you are located I can provide you with a link for civil rights Attorneys in your area that provide FREE consultations? The other way to fight this is by speaking to a land use attorney that can real the county planning and zoning codes and ordinances and assist you in fighting the $50,000 penalty.

Related Real Estate Law Questions