How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 13487
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have completed an online quit claim deed for my Palm Beach

Customer Question

I have completed an online quit claim deed for my Palm Beach County single family home. I understand that I have to obtain two witnesses' notarized signatures but do not know where to send the completed form for recording. Can you supply me with this info?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida (boynton Beach, Palm Beach County)
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No-aren't you a lawyer?
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No-when I transferred my residence from myself to my revocable trust, I had a lawyer fill out the necessary form. He charged me $200. Now in order to obtain a VA refinance of the mortgage on the property, I have to transfer the property out ofvthe trust back to myself. I thought I could avoid another ridicuously high attorney fee by obtaing a quit claim deed on line and send it to the proper place to have it recorded. Your service gave me a completed customized document but did not tell me where to send it to be recorded. The lawyer I used to transfer the property from myself to the trust has died.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed Florida attorney. I look forward to helping you.

They go to the Clerk of Court to be recorded. Per the Clerk of Court website in Palm Beach County:

Documents to be recorded may be submitted electronically (eRecording) or in hard copy at the Recording Department in room 4.2500 of the Main Courthouse. This is the only office where hard copy documents may be recorded. However, documents may be dropped off at our Palm Beach Gardens, Delray Beach, Belle Glade or Royal Palm Beach branch offices to be forwarded at no additional charge to the main office for recording.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Related Real Estate Law Questions