Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Signed a contract with private owner to purchase property he

Customer Question
signed a contract with private...
signed a contract with private owner to purchase property he was represented by RE agent that I did not understand My realtor robo signed contract on my computer I had know idea he was holding the loan They both knew I could not afford a balloon payment
I put a large down payment and was told I would then be paying supposed owner a monthly payment I could afford Now he is forecloseing demanding full payment I can not afford
Iwas honest and up front about my financial situation The realtor mislead me to get her commission He set me up for failure to keep all I invested I heard there are RESPA laws to protect such dealings
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/24/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
RealEstateAnswer

Good afternoon. Did you ever have a chance to review the loan documents? Just to be clear, you never signed your name at all? The realtor did this without your knowledge?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We had a closing atty I did not read any of the paperwork The Realtor had come to my house pressuring this was a great deal
She pulled up everything on my computer late at night Assured me I would lose the deal if it was not done immediately My son witnessed her pressure I am not computer savvy So the Realtor pulled up everything online and did robo signing to lock in the contract I trusted her Was a stressful time My husband had passed financially I rented condo We had a flood then black mold I just wanted to move and stop wasting money on rent She harassed me beyond belief and took advantage of my weakened situation she called constantly Would show up uninvited to condo til she convinced me to trust her

When the attorney did the closing, did he/she not go over and review all the terms and conditions? How long ago did this happen?

Tina, Lawyer