How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41013
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has left three months ago and refuses to talk or

Customer Question

my wife has left three months ago and refuses to talk or come home. Is this called abandonoment?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

It could be abandonment but today we have divorce based on irreconcilable differences.You don't have to prove anything other than when you separated.You would have right to seek a divorce on this basis.Since it appear she doesn't want to reconcile this may be your best option to file, divide up the assets , debts, and move forward.Certainly she has abandoned the marriage that is clear and it appears irreconcilable.

You may want to file here and move forward since she has done this.You have legitimate grounds to file here for divorce and resolve this in the courts if you have too.

I appreciate the chance to help, sorry you are having to deal with this.

Thanks again.

Related Real Estate Law Questions