How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrakeLAW Your Own Question
DrakeLAW, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 745
Experience:  Attorney at Drake Law Firm PLC
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
DrakeLAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex and me are on a mortgage together he was supposed to

Customer Question

my ex and me are on a mortgage together he was supposed to sell the house within 6 months of the dissolution instead he filed fora save the dream program which i signed the mortgage company is telling me i can t get a release of liabily until oct of 2017 because of the program i ve already had my name removed from the deed i called the mortgage company and they said they had no record of my name or social once i gave them his they found it i found out by filing a dispute with the credit bureau it seems to be they have me at gridlock
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Thank you for your question. You can still ask clarifying questions if needed until you are satisfied, there is no charge for follow-up questions. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question. It is important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Finally, please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. I wish you the best in your endeavors! –Rich

What is it you are wanting? Do you want the house to be sold?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no just my name off of the mortgage he is living with somebody else there which i don t really care about but i think them two should be responsible for it
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 11 months ago.

I see, well, there is nothing you can do to force the lender to let you off. All you can do is use your dissolution decree to force him to sell the house as he was supposed to. Perhaps the threat of that can make him refinance? But maybe he doesn't have sufficient to credit to do that? But maybe he can get a new loan with the new person's credit?

Does that make sense?

Related Real Estate Law Questions