How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Damien Bosco Your Own Question
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2580
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Damien Bosco is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question regarding sidewalk width minimums in

Customer Question

Good evening.....I have a question regarding sidewalk width minimums in condominium complexes. I live in Florida and the sidewalks leading from the parking areas to the individual units are very narrow at 24" wide. In addition to this narrow width, each unit has a "stepping stone" the travel from the narrow sidewalk to the individual condo front porch/stoop areas. If I were disabled, I don't know how I could enter my condo unit. There are several elderly tenants who own/life here. I know of one tenant who has disabilities. Any info or advise would be appreciated.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am an attorney. I am here to help you with your question. Let's begin. Okay?

Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.

The Fair Housing Act states that all doors designed to allow passage into and within all premises of covered dwellings must be sufficiently wide to allow passage by persons with disabilities, including persons who use wheelchairs. Here is a link Florida code. It is very complex. But generally, accessibility is key.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, I was there at the link/website several times this evening......not sure how helpful this was.
Expert:  Damien Bosco replied 1 year ago.

Would you like me to open this question up so other experts may be able to help you?

Related Real Estate Law Questions