How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A colleague of mine was a victim of the floods in Louisiana.

Customer Question

A colleague of mine was a victim of the floods in Louisiana. His house was flooded with 3 to 4 feet of water. His non-profit business was also based out of his home. He needs to have a trailer placed on his property so that he can move stuff to it and separate it from the mess in the house. He is going to use it partly for his non-profit business and partly for his home stuff.To help him out, I was looking for a company to provide a 32 foot trailer and found a company near New Orleans that can provide him one.I have a small for-profit company that I use for my consulting business but I don't have any liability insurance. Can I buy liability insurance just for this trailer to protect me in case something happens? Or should I have my friend's non-profit do the paperwork on the order (which may slow things down a bit since he doesn't have a computer available).
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.

You are a good friend. Certainly you can always provide a space and treat the trailer as a place for him to run his business just as you would if you rented out space. As far as the liability insurance is concerned there are few ways to do this. Insurance can be purchased by you naming you, through your company, as the insured party until he has time to complete the non profit paper work. You can wait until he can provide insurance. If the goal is get him up and running you can carry a policy until he can take over.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. Please let me know how everything works out.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.


Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR. It seems like your previous contributor has opted out and had to leave. Did you have further questions you would like answered?

Related Real Estate Law Questions