Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I currently lease a condo in Maryland. I extended the lease

Customer Question
to June 30, 2017 and...
I currently lease a condo in Maryland. I extended the lease to June 30, 2017 and requested at end of June 2016 to possibly extend my lease 1 additional year. The owner wasn't sure and said he would let me know ASAP as we would need to start making contingency plans. I put a sticky note on our August rent check as I hadn't heard anything.
Tonight he informed me by text that he had advertised the unit for sale on Craigslist and that someone responded and he wanted to show it thus weekend. My concerns are security, privacy, and reasonable notice as to his intent.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/18/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Loren, Lawyer
Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.
Was there any provision in the prior lease which addressed landlord access?
Are you online with me?
Loren, Lawyer