How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 34541
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have Power of Attorney over my father who is incoherent.

Customer Question

I have Power of Attorney over my father who is incoherent. He has a rental property with tenants that owe 3 months rent and refuse to receive phone calls and do not answer the door. My father has lost all his records and does not even know the last name of the tenants. I have the local court documents filled out to submit for eviction. Can I submit with out list the tenants last name?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed Arizona attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I think you may have a problem...are you a licensed attorney?

If not, I suspect the judge will not allow you to represent your father.

Your father can represent he could file an eviction case.

But you, as power of attorney? I would be surprised to hear the judge allowed you to represent. A power of attorney is not the same as an attorney license...and you need a license to represent another in court

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Related Real Estate Law Questions