Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My Grandparents farm in Gettysburg Pa is historic It was

Customer Question
My Grandparents farm in Gettysburg...
My Grandparents farm in Gettysburg Pa is historic It was purchased by a stone company who is letting it deteriorate for the past years. the farm is an eyesore and I wondered if they could be made to fix it up? In Pennsylvania, there are signs to Keep Pennsylvania beautiful. Yes the farm has sentimental value to the family and it is historic. Please let me know if you can help Thank you for your time in this matter
I am Kathleen McElroy (###) ###-#### My email is***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/17/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: J. Warren, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

I am sorry this must be very difficult for you. Unfortunately, it will be almost impossible to legally force them to fix up the property with a private lawsuit. However, the Historic Gettysburg and Adams County Preservation Society may be able to assist you. These societies are able to put pressure on owner's of historic buildings and is likely your most efficient and economical option. Grants can also be awarded to encourage restoration and maintenance of historical sites. Here is a link to their contact information: http://www.hgaconline.org/

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I realize this was not the answer you were hoping to receive however I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

Can I answer any additional follow up questions for you or clarify anything I have written above? If not, can you please press a positive rating above this message box in the ratings section so I will be paid for my time assisting you on this matter? Pressing a positive rating will not cost any additional money - it is simply the trigger used by Just Answer to pay me for my time (pressing the middle star or the fourth or fifth star on the right are all positive rating buttons).

J. Warren
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer