How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37834
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently renting a mobile home on month to month

Customer Question

I am currently renting a mobile home on month to month lease, and recently there has been a large water pipe burst that has caused sever damage to the property. I was informed by the landlord that I was not allowed to move out because it would be breaking the lease, I was still responsible for paying rent in the meantime and there would be no reimbursement for the time that I could not inhabit my home. None of this seems legal and I would like to move out. What are my options?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You are entitled to a rebate of the pro-rata rent for the time that the rental was not habitable due to the flooding and if your landlord will not pay you or credit you with the value of the lost rent due to being displaced, you can sue the landlord in small claims court and get the money that way.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,