How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been in my home for 25 years a neighbor moved in a

Customer Question

I have been in my home for 25 years a neighbor moved in a little over 2 years ago and claims that a privancy fence I had was causing his basement to water in it. the county made me tire it down and he is still getting water in his bASEMENT. when I moved here I started getting water in my basement called in the basement people to come in and fix my problem. my neighbor complained
to the county and they county ordered me to take it down. or the county would take it down and charge whatever they wished So had fence taken down. When they saw I had taken it down they confronted the contractor about how much I paid him. Then inspector Rasmussion went back to the office and sent \
miss Claggett out tell me that I had to take down the addition to the house that was in place when I purchased the house 25 years go. (and bring it up to code) I am the third family to live her since the house was built in the 1950s and the addition was in place when I purchased it in 1991. I'm 81 years old on A FIXED INCOME. every time I try to meet their criteria the come back with something else. I'm old sick and on a fixed income I have depleted my savings don't know what to do. Please Help me' W. Jean Davis
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

Jean: I'm very sorry to hear about how you are being treated. It sounds like you should have gotten a lawyer a long time ago. What city are you in. Maybe there are local legal services organizations or lawyers who will help you on a pro bono (no fee) basis?