Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I have received my coupons for HOA dues w/the following *In

Customer Question
I have received my coupons...
I have received my coupons for HOA dues w/the following
*In accordance with the rules of the National Automated Clearing House, information from the check you submit may be used to create an electronic debit to you account. The electronic debit on you statement is valid.
I have never had this in the past and is it legal for them to debit my account without my permission?
Would I be better off paying with Money Orders, etc I don't want them in my account
Thank You
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/16/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

That language does not authorize them to created future debits...only one based on the current check. Basically, they will use your check to create an electronic record...then use that record to process the transaction.

It is a "one time deal"...and is permitted by the UCC (uniform commercial code)

This does not give them authority for unlimited future debits...only the one based on the check you submitted.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Hi
Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer.

Please rate the answer so I may receive credit
Thanks for your understanding
Phil

P. Simmons, Lawyer