How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Bank of America Attorneys took me to Supreme court for a

Customer Question

Bank of America Attorneys took me to Supreme court for a foreclosure when they had sold my mortgage to another loan company. I paid an attorney to have my day in court, as they were with prejudice . My attorney made a deal with them before we got to court. Thre lawyer sent me a letter to forgive them of the prejudice. I do not and I think my attorney should give my money back. It all ended up that I am now making payments I have no clue of terms and I was going to do that before my layer got involved. what can I do to Bank of America
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I am having difficulty understanding your entire post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Phone call is offered at additional cost.

I will send you an offer. If you accept, then I will contact you.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Bank of America sold my mortgage to another lender ( bayveiw) . At the time I was in foreclosure with them. After several months Bay view offered me a modification package... I decided to accept this offer and proceed. At this time BOa scheduled a court date for foreclosure / sale.... My question is how can they do this when they don't own the mortgage anymore?
Also if Abyview doesn't own it how can they offer modification. I paid a lawyer to represent me in the court case. He made a deal with BOA lawyers that I would start the modification and make all the payments. How can my lawyer do this. ? I wanted the court to charge BOA with prejudice.... and make certain the modification is on order. I feel my lawyer took my money and didn't do anything for me. and that BOA got away with a crime... They recently sent me a letter asking I forgive the prejudice.... can I do anything at this point? How can I make sure the terms of the modification are ok. I have been taken by another law company and am a victim of fraud and in a suit where the lawyer pleaded guilty .
can I take BOA to court ? can I get my money back from my lawyer? How can I make certain of terms on modification.
P>S - I spent 3 years trying to get BOA to help me with a modification. They would NOT.... They told me I had to go to foreclosure before t5hey would help me. I applied for HOE . Harp and paid a lawyer to get a modification. Now I am in foreclosure and being taken by the legal system again. You charged me for 45 for question you cant answer because I don't speak lawyer.

Related Real Estate Law Questions