Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I sold my house in Massachusetts on Dec 15, 2015 and

Customer Question
purchased a townhouse in Charlotte...
I sold my house in Massachusetts on Dec 15, 2015 and purchased a townhouse in Charlotte, NC. I pay a monthly HOA fee.
I did not receive the Property Management Companies disclosure statement until weeks after I moved in when discovered I had paid for it in the settlement.
My main problem is:
Gross neglect of property maintenance. There is a retaining wall in the common area that is 18 feet from my back door. It is dilapitated and the rotted planks and rusty nails have begun to disintegrate and fall out. I moved the remains away from my back door. When I contacted the property management company they said it was an on going problem for many years (32) and there simply wasn’t any money to repair it.
When I bought the property, I was told that exterior maintenance and repairs were included in the monthly fee.
* My gutters are so clogged up you need a rowboat to take the trash out.
I almost lost a finger trying to clean them myself.
* The property management company will not disclose any contact information regarding the board of directors.
* The only thing that exterior maintenance includes is an automated responding email with no action behind it.
* I received the disclosure after many weeks of fighting for it. What good is it now?
* There were no financial docs attached and many answers were not true.
* Can you help me sue this company/
* I could never sell this place with the wall falling down. I paid 100% cash.
* I sold my house because my kids are grown and wanted an easier way of life with no yard work, (I haven’t stopped working in the yard)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/14/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question.
I am afraid that state law forbids any expert on this site from actually representing you or any other customer on the site. If you need local counsel, please use the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com
We are allowed to answer customer's questions and provide general information regarding their specific issues, but we cannot represent you and sue them I am afraid.
Tina, Lawyer