How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Will directs land to be divided. Can it be subdivided?

Customer Question

We have a land that has 3 family members on it and the Will states that it is divided in the parts and one of the member has 2/3 of the land. Can we sub-divide it?
This is in Seabrook New Hampshire
I have not talked to a lawyer yet.
We want to sub-divide it in 1/3.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Any co-owner of the property can file a partition lawsuit to force the division of the property.
If a partition is filed, the judge will require that the property be equally/equitably divided between the three owners, and then legal descriptions will have to be obtained to effectuate the division.

Related Real Estate Law Questions