How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My issue is a landlord/tenant issue in Indiana -- a landlord

Customer Question

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** my issue is a landlord/tenant issue in Indiana -- a landlord claim for damages to a home I was renting that I received today and believe is excessive.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Yes. Indianapolis, Indiana
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I just received the claim this morning.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: There may be an issue (defense) on the timing of the receipt of this notice.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brian - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

You definitely have the right to contest any charges brought by your landlord, and you can tell your defense to the judge regarding these issues. If you didn't cause the damage, if the damage is not accurate, etc., you can provide that information to the judge.