Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I own an rv park I have a tenant with his own RV. in a space

Customer Question
I own an rv park...
I own an rv park I have a tenant with his own RV . in a space he rents.
he verbally attacks me when I try to discuss a problem with him .
the police has visited him 3 times one time I had to call the police as he was screaming and cussing me in the park.
he is growing a pot plant on the lot .
when I ask him about it he threated me .
he had a sewer leak I request repair 5 weeks later it was not repair.
he call the police, anlmal control turn me in said I was abusing animals in the park.
when I ask him way he did it he again attacked me verbally.
now has locked a door so I can not inter abuilding that is park owned not part of his lot
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/12/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 1 year ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

I am sorry to hear that you are having such problems with a tenant;

RV eviction laws are the same as normal eviction laws;

basically one needs to provide notice via personal service, posting and mailing if allowed by the lease, or mailed by first class mail.

Code 90.396 governs terminations allowed after 24 hour notice:

That statute is here:

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/90.396

This explains the process: - see page 2 and 3 please.

http://courts.oregon.gov/Washington/docs/civil/FED-Residential%20Eviction%20Information%20for%20Landlords.pdf

One cannot do self help eviction as that can result in penalties against the landlord.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat. Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned5 stars *****as I strive to provide my customers with great service.(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
with serving the self made evection how should I handle the problem at this time just let it laps or what should I do
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I'm sorry; I am not set up right now to handle phone calls. If you would like to continue on this page, I will definitely do my best to get you the needed information. Please let me know if you would like to continue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how .continue
how should I handle the self made evection let it laps then serve the proper evection at a later date
or where do I stand with what I have done

One cannot do self help eviction (locking tenant out for example). One needs to serve the 24 hour notice re: the prohibited activity and then the complaint in the court:

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/105.124 - this shows the required language.

This discusses the 24 hour notice:

https://www.osbar.org/public/legalinfo/1253_ResidentialEvictionNotices.htm

It is best to have an attorney draft the notice citing the relevant conduct, and to assist with the process to help ensure the tenant is evicted under this process. Proof of misconduct will be necessary so any declarations etc will be helpful, along with police reports if applicable.

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator