How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Arbitrator
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 9905
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own an rv park I have a tenant with his own RV. in a space

Customer Question

I own an rv park I have a tenant with his own RV . in a space he rents.
he verbally attacks me when I try to discuss a problem with him .
the police has visited him 3 times one time I had to call the police as he was screaming and cussing me in the park.
he is growing a pot plant on the lot .
when I ask him about it he threated me .
he had a sewer leak I request repair 5 weeks later it was not repair.
he call the police, anlmal control turn me in said I was abusing animals in the park.
when I ask him way he did it he again attacked me verbally.
now has locked a door so I can not inter abuilding that is park owned not part of his lot
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  legalgems replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such problems with a tenant;

RV eviction laws are the same as normal eviction laws;

basically one needs to provide notice via personal service, posting and mailing if allowed by the lease, or mailed by first class mail.

Code 90.396 governs terminations allowed after 24 hour notice:

That statute is here:

This explains the process: - see page 2 and 3 please.

One cannot do self help eviction as that can result in penalties against the landlord.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat. Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned5 stars *****as I strive to provide my customers with great service.(no additional charges are incurred).


Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
with serving the self made evection how should I handle the problem at this time just let it laps or what should I do
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  legalgems replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry; I am not set up right now to handle phone calls. If you would like to continue on this page, I will definitely do my best to get you the needed information. Please let me know if you would like to continue.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how .continue
how should I handle the self made evection let it laps then serve the proper evection at a later date
or where do I stand with what I have done
Expert:  legalgems replied 11 months ago.

One cannot do self help eviction (locking tenant out for example). One needs to serve the 24 hour notice re: the prohibited activity and then the complaint in the court: - this shows the required language.

This discusses the 24 hour notice:

It is best to have an attorney draft the notice citing the relevant conduct, and to assist with the process to help ensure the tenant is evicted under this process. Proof of misconduct will be necessary so any declarations etc will be helpful, along with police reports if applicable.

Related Real Estate Law Questions