How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42327
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister and I bought a condo for my mom to live in. I paid

Customer Question

My sister and I bought a condo for my mom to live in. I paid and cash financed her share. She now has stopped making payments to me and wants do a quit claim with me paying her what she has paid me so far. I need some assistance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here to help you today.

You can do this assuming you can reach a buyout amount.You decide what is fair here, it is certainly negotiable.She can quit claim your share assuming you reach agreement on what you are going to pay or not pay her.You remain on the mortgage here as I understand.At least it gives you clear title once quitclaim is filed here and you have complete ownership with a promissory note.

You try to resolve this with her if you can here and accept quitclaim if you can reach fair resolution.This is not going to be a problem to file quitclaim deed and get her off the title.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Free quitclaim deed forms for you.I appreciate the chance to help you today.