How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been issued a writ of possession in Dallas County.

Customer Question

I have been issued a writ of possession in Dallas County. The writ was issued yesterday at 11:00 am. I am trying to get time to pay so that I may retain possession of the premises. What options do I have to accomplish my goal?
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Texas
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not on my behalf
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Ive spoken with the attorney handling h
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The only thing you can do at this point would be to file a Motion to Stay a Writ of Possession, which is a document that a tenant files with the court which has the result of “staying” or “stopping” an eviction action after a final judgment for the landlord has already been entered.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The Motion to Stay may state that the tenant paid the rent, the eviction was unfair, the tenant needs more time, the case is defective or anything that the tenant can come up with to convince a judge that the eviction should be stopped.

Related Real Estate Law Questions