How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 7348
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Me and my elderly mother live in a townhome, two years ago I

Customer Question

Me and my elderly mother live in a townhome, two years ago I sent the assocation a letter about a dangerous situation in our yard a HOLE, and asked if it could be fixed. The ass sent my letter to their att and he responded with an ignorant letter not addressing the issue and basically calling me a criminal. Months later I actually fell in the hole and filed a lawsuit. Since then we have had a target on our backs, they have even manufactured a story about me ,(which never happened) and filed a police report. They now want 882.00 for sending my first letter to their att about the dangerous situation, and the second letter , the one in which their was a police report filed. I can see the handwriting on the wall, they will try to evict us based on that... do I have any options here or just pay em to shut em up?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: Homer glen Illinois, which is will county
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: not yet
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

If you are able financially to afford a lawyer at this point then I suggest that you do so immediately, before things get completely out of hand. From what you tell me, you are dealing with some very nasty small-town minded people, and unless you get someone powerful on your side, they are going to make life miserable for you. I'm sorry to have to relate such negative information, but I'm telling you the truth as I have experienced it myself.

Please be so kind as to promptly rate this answer favorably so that I may be compensated and the question may be closed in the system. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Related Real Estate Law Questions