How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I purchase a forclosed property that is occupied what is

Customer Question

If I purchase a forclosed property that is occupied what is the procedure for getting the tenant to vacate the premises?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience.

If you purchase a property that is occupied, then you become a landlord, and the person occupying the premises is the tenant. You can't just forcibly remove them. You will have to file a case in court to evict them.

Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.

Please give a positive rating if I have answered your question. IF you have followup questions, feel free to ask. Thanks!