This is the link for Attorneys in that area that provide FREE consultations http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/land-use-zoning/detroit/michigan
This is a link for a general overview of the process http://www.lawrefs.com/time-limit-for-filing-quiet-title-action-in-michigan/
This is the Statute that governs in Michigan:
"600.2932 Quieting title; interest of plaintiff; action by mortgagee; establishment of title; tenancy in common; actions.
(1) Any person, whether he is in possession of the land in question or not, who claims any right in, title to, equitable title to, interest in, or right to possession of land, may bring an action in the circuit courts against any other person who claims or might claim any interest inconsistent with the interest claimed by the plaintiff, whether the defendant is in possession of the land or not.
(2) No action may be maintained under subsection (1) by a mortgagee, his assigns, or representatives for recovery of the mortgaged premises, until the title to the mortgaged premises has become absolute, or by a person for the recovery of possession of premises, which were sold on land contracted, to whom relief is available under subdivision (1) of section 5634.
(3) If the plaintiff established his title to the lands, the defendant shall be ordered to release to the plaintiff all claims thereto. In an appropriate case the court may issue a writ of possession or restitution to the sheriff or other proper officer of any county in this state in which the premises recovered are situated.
(4) Any tenant or tenants in common who recovers any undivided interest in lands in an action under subsection (1) against a person or persons who may be in possession thereof, but who does not show in the trial of such action that he or they have any interest therein or title thereto, may take possession of the entire premises subject to all of the rights and interest of the other tenant or tenants in common therein.
(5) Actions under this section are equitable in nature.
History: 1961, Act 236, Eff. Jan. 1, 1963 ;-- Am. 1964, Act 8, Eff. Aug. 28, 1964" http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(0o4qlkhls4svad2yeilneqi3))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-600-2932
This is a link where you can review a sample of the legal documents required to bring this type of action. http://secure.uslegalforms.com/cgi-bin/forms/search.pl?state=MI&query=quiet+title+&field=anywhere
Thank you for using JA. If you have any additional question please do not hesitate to ask me. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it.