How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41004
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm an heir to property in Fredrick, MD that a couple have

Customer Question

I'm an heir to property in Fredrick, MD that a couple have been farming for over 20 years without ownership. I and another heir have been ask to sign this over to them. I need to know my rights. Mickey Hamilton, Leisure World MD
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

If you are an heir you would not want to sign away your rights.You might decide to sell your rights but this is different.As an heir I see no reason to just sign it over.

You would want to have your interest appraised here and sell it for full value.Even if this is an undivided interest there is no need to just sign it away.You have rights to keep it here or to sell for fair market value.Again just signing this over is not in your best interests as you deserve full compensation or you may elect to keep it.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.