How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 75 yo mother is currently in a nursing home (sent there

Customer Question

My 75 yo mother is currently in a nursing home (sent there for rehab after breaking an ankle). We are looking at getting her approved for Medicaid, but she owns a home with 80 acres & she sold 80 acres last year, so not sure she's going to qualify. I have been advised to complete an Enhanced Life Estate Deed & I am not sure what else we need to do to cut back as much on red-tape & costs. The only income she receives now is Social Security.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Texas - Dickens County
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We used majority of the proceeds from the sale of the 80 acres last year to make repairs on her house, not planning on her going into the nursing home, but she also has dementia & is almost totally incontinent now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You would need a local attorney to do the enhanced life estate deed I am afraid, that is not something we can do and it is not something you can do yourself. I am sorry, you are not being charged for this and you can get a refund from customer service for your deposit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you!
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Best wishes.

Related Real Estate Law Questions