How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116816
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The lots next door to me are zoned R-1. The property owner

Customer Question

The lots next door to me are zoned R-1. The property owner is asking the city to let him build duplexes on the lots. What can I do to stop this?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You already have done what you were supposed to do, file the petition opposing the zoning waiver and go to the open hearing to express your objection. If the zoning board approves the waiver, then you would need to decide if you want to challenge that decision by filing an action in court to show that the decision of the board was fraudulently obtained or in violation of the law and get the court to declare it a void decision and stop the duplexes.

Related Real Estate Law Questions