How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117437
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a Attorney. Help. My Condo Insurance will not pay for

Customer Question

I need a Attorney. Help. My Condo Insurance will not pay for walls damage from leaks in vents. Condo assoc. will not pay because they say its up to the Condo Insurance. The By-laws say anything inside walls is not covered, Only outside. I understand this. But, neither will pay. Its quit abit of damage.I can not afford to pay. The Condo assoc. is giving me a big run arouund. This started July 11th. If it was caused from the vent outside shouldn't the condo assoc. pay. And thats why I need a lawyer. I only make 9.50 hr. I'm a C.N.A. PLease help me I do not want to end up with mold. I had call Mechelle Ward Property Manager(###) ###-#### She knows theirs a problem on thsaid she did not e roof. It's in real bad shape. She had a roofer come out. I saw the pictures he took and he asked me if I wanted to take copies of thr report. I did. She first said she did not send him out. In conversation she said the Name. I did not give the name out. Then when I said I had copy of report. She was real quit and said I will call you back. She never did. She never returned calls from my Inurance company either. Stillwater - Lottie at 1-***-***-****. Please help me.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question that I can answer for you or are you looking for online sources to find an experienced local condo law attorney?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm waiting for reply. I put everything down.
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 1 year ago.

We do not provide any type of legal service or legal advice, as such can only be obtained from your local attorney.

I will opt-out of your question at no charge to you and wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your damage occurred through negligence of the condo in failure to make required repairs to the roof or to areas outside of your walls, which was the association's responsibility, then you would have to sue both your insurer and the condo insurer, because the court would have to determine which policy is liable. If you prove negligence on the part of the condo association for not making repairs, the court will hold them liable, but if not the court would order your insurer to be liable. So you sue the condo association for negligence in failure to make repairs and your insurer for breach of contract and you present the case and evidence to the judge to determine actual fault based on the evidence you present to the court.

Related Real Estate Law Questions