How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am building a multi family unit. retail on bottom homes

Customer Question

I am building a multi family unit . retail on bottom homes above. The neighbor is not allowing me to go on their property to finish a wall. They rent.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

You will need to have the neighbor grant you a license to access his property under a licensing agreement. License agreements allow temporary use of property that is similar to the use allowed by an easement. Here is a sample to see what one looks like. You will need to get permission from both the LL and the tenant and may have to pay some money for this right. If this fails, you may apply to the court for temporary access based on necessity.