How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 41549
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just had my house foreclosed on and my neighbor just let

Customer Question

I just had my house foreclosed on and my neighbor just let me know that there change the locks on my house I want to know about my stuff in the house and what my options are
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

You can contact lender here and demand access.If you have not abandoned the premises they have to file forcible entry and detainer and get an order here in order to be able to evict you.If necessary you have right of entry yourself.You would want to involve law enforcement if you have to break in yourself.Try the lender here and see if they will not back off in your case.Again under Texas law this is wrongful eviction.You have rights and access until you are evicted here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

You can sue here if you have to if they will not back off and give you access here.I think they will do so if you contact them here and tell them you are still living there.