Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

In the state of TX, for in new build, in a housing addition

Customer Question
that has an HOA, who...
in the state of TX, for in new build, in a housing addition that has an HOA, who pay for the resale certificate, buyer or seller?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/6/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: legalgems, Arbitrator replied 1 year ago
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator

The idea of the resale certificate is to provide financial information on the HOA:
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/SOTWDocs/PR/htm/PR.207.htm

Since 2012, the buyer is required to pay for the certificate unless the buyer and seller come to a mutual agreement that the seller will pay for it.

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars *****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service.

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. Thank you and take care.

Hi- just checking in to see if you needed clarification on any of the above information. If so please post here (there is no additional charge for this) and I will do my best to get you the requested information.

Thank you!

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Arbitrator