How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19296
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The neighbor behind me has let her grass grow to unhealthy

Customer Question

The neighbor behind me has let her grass grow to unhealthy and unsightly heights. I'm trying to sell my house and when a potential buyer saw her yard, I lost the sale. What legal action can I take? I've complained to the city but the responding officer stated he didn't see any violations.
Pauline King
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post. I am sorry to read about your difficulty.

Have you spoken with your neighbor? Most often, this kind of a problem is resolved by you just speaking with your neighbor about your concerns.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I spoke with her, unsuccessfully, in the past about our shared fence; but I'll try again.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

Yes, that would be a good idea. Shared fence is one thing, but getting a landscaper to mow the lawn is another and relatively cheaper. If she refuses to mow the lawn, you you may offer to have someone come in to mow it. That would be cheaper than taking her to Court, which you would have to do if she refuses to cooperate. The lawsuit would be filed at the Justice of the Peace Court in your District. You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.