How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 23 year old daughter signed a lease (in Boston, MA) that

Customer Question

My 23 year old daughter signed a lease (in Boston, MA) that turned out to be other than what was previously represented verbally to both her and her mother just today for an apartment. Does she have any recourse in breaking the lease? Does she have 24, 48, or 72 hours to do so (not including weekends).
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you with your post today.

Could you explain a little more?

What are the misrepresentations?

Why did she sign the release after she noticed the misrepresentations?

I look forward to your response.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She didn't sign a "release" I previously stated she signed a "lease" for an apartment. The question is, does she have a legal right to back out of a lease within a certain amount of hours or days
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you going to be able to respond soon?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you can't respond soon I have to leave the office and would like a refund.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, I meant a lease and not release. I was typing very first to respond to you.

I will opt out since you are in a rush and have another Expert to further assist you. I cannot type that first. I have other people in front of you.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

New professional here. I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your family's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs.

I have been a licensed, litigation attorney for more than 30 years. What you are asking for, given the time constraints you have placed on getting an answer, is all but impossible to respond to adequately in this written format, and in my experience is only practical to approach in a phone conversation.

If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. If you are not interested just let me know and I will be happy to opt out. Perhaps someone else would be willing to tackle your request.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please simply refund my money. Very unsatisfied with the service. I don't think the other attorney has a command of the English Language!
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

If you need assistance navigating the system or if you have billing questions, you can contact customer service at(###) ###-####