How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have written proof that I paid for home and property the

Customer Question

Have written proof that I paid for home and property the deed states my name and ex-father in law. He states I cannot move in. I have no where else to go.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If your name is ***** ***** deed, then you own the property and you have the right to occupy the property with or without the other co-owner's permission.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

IF he refuses you access to the property, you can get the sheriff's office to accompany you and keep the peace and make sure you don't have any issues.

Related Real Estate Law Questions