Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

When you are paying a monthly fee for a home that you are

Customer Question

When you are paying a monthly fee for a home that you are progessing to buy. Who pays the taxes on the property, the potential owner or the actual owner until the property is in your name.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phone #(###) ###-####
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

The party paying the real estate taxes on the rent to own home is usually the seller of the property. This could depend on the contact you signed in this regard as the contract can shift the burden of this payment to the buyer as well. Since the property has not yet been officially sold, that burden would remain on the seller for the property taxes.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated.

If you are still wanting a phone call from an expert (remember this is an extra charge), you can open up a premium service phone call request. If not, and you believe that I have answered your question, please positively rate my answer so I can be reimbursed for my time by the site. If you have further questions, please let me know so I can satisfy you as a customer which is my main goal. Thank you in advance.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?