RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

If I add a person to my house deed using quit claim deed in

Customer Question

If I add a person to my house deed using quit claim deed in MN will I be loosing the rights to my property
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Will you remain on title? It will just be you and this person?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will remain on the title. I just want to make sure the quitclaim form will only allow me to add a person to my property

Thank you. You need to be aware that if you execute a quit claim deed and add them to title, they will then have a shared ownership interest with you. As such, you would lose half your ownership interest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am OK with sharing the deed, I just want to make sure I still have ownership

Yes, as long as you are still on it and just add them, you will. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know what deed form I would need to use for this in MN?

Great to hear back from you and I kindly just ask that you remember to rate my help. I am happy to still assist but that is the only way the site will give me credit. Yes, you would need a quit claim deed form.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!