How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a lawyer for a quit deed- I was awarded property in

Customer Question

I need a lawyer for a quit deed- I was awarded property in Eatonton Georgia in my divorce and the lawyer who did my divorce never sent me a quit deed. How do I go about getting this done?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Kelly,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a GA licensed attorney.

Any local real estate attorney could draft a quit claim deed for you in a matter of about an hour if you have a copy of the present deed available. The original deed is needed for the legal description of the property that must be set out in the deed.

If you want to do it yourself you can try. It is not terribly difficult to do. Here is an example of a GA quit claim deed:

Georgia Quitclaim Deed. Obviously, you will have to place your own information in for the names, the legal description and the county where the property is located.


THIS INDENTURE, made this ____ day of April, in the year two thousand and nine, (2009) between ***** ***** of the County of BULLOCK, GEORGIA, as party or parties of the first part, hereinafter called Grantor, and ***** ***** of the County of ELBERT, GEORGIA, as party or parties of the second part, hereinafter called Grantee (the words "Grantor" and "Grantee" to include their respective heirs, successors, and assigns where the context requires or permits).

WITNESSETH that: Grantor, for and in consideration of the sum of One Dollar($1.00) and other valuable consideration in hand paid at and before the sealing and delivery of these presents, the receipt whereof is hereby acknowledged, by these presents does hereby demise, convey and forever QUITCLAIM unto the said Grantee, the below described tract or parcel of land more fully and completely described as follows:

All that certain lot, tract or parcel, lying and being known as LOT NUMBER2345, COLD CREEK, PHASE 6-B, being a 5.07 acre subdivision of a portion of the Mouser Plantation, Wilmington Island, 5th G.M. District, Chatham County, Georgia, as more particularly described on that certain subdivision map prepared for Eagle Development Group by Stevenson and Palmer Engineering, Inc.,and recorded in Subdivision Map Book 174-S, Page 3092, in the Office of the Clerk of the Superior Court of Chatham County, Georgia. Said parcel being commonly known as***** Wilmington Island, Savannah, Chatham County, Georgia. For a more particular description of said property, reference is made to said Subdivision Map.

Subject, however, to all valid restrictions, easements and rights of way of record.

TO HAVE AND TO HOLD the said described premises to Grantees, so that neither Grantor nor

any person or persons claiming under Grantor shall at any time, by any means or ways, have, claim or demand any right or title to said premises or appurtenances, or any rights thereof.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Grantor has signed and sealed this deed, the day and year first above written.

Signed, sealed and delivered in the presence of:

____________________________ (Seal)

Witness (Unofficial)

Witness (Unofficial)

Notary Public

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,