Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I've been on Disabilty for 12 years and have section 8

Customer Question
Hi I've been on Disabilty...
Hi I've been on Disabilty for 12 years and have section 8 housing my total income for myself I live alone is ss650$ ssi 103$ I have a friend who works on my car in exchange I help him to pay off my bill no cash is involved , example I clean the bathroom or answer the phone, or print some paper ,sweep the floor , it was brought to my attention today that someone went into the section 8 office and accused me of working under the table , now they want to investigate, which is fine. I'm very personal with my health issues and my public assistance. He is also a dear friend am I doing something wrong ? This person went to section 8 and called the business and asked for me and who ever answered the phone said I would be in the next day , I try to go in for 1-3 hours if I can my bill is 2200 $
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/4/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

The best answer I could find for you on this is that you may not be violating any laws because the repair of your car [valued at $2200] cannot be considered "in-kind" income since it is not in the form of of food or shelter that someone else gave to you.

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer