KimberlyLaw
KimberlyLaw, Attorney and Real Estate Broker
Experience:  13 years of experience in real estate law: Foreclosures, Landlord-Tenant, Condo/Coop, Property Law, Deeds, Purchases/Sales, Estates.
8989662

Our Association president claims she is a Property Manager

Customer Question

Our Association president claims she is a Property Manager and as a result is not paying the monthly association fees. Can one do that?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KimberlyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am an attorney and am happy to assist.

No, I don't see how she can do that. If the board wants to pay her a salary as "property manager" that would be a separate role and have nothing to do with paying her association fees. She would still have to pay those.

So I don't see how she can legally do this.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks

Kim

Hello, this is Kim, the attorney who assisted you yesterday with your legal question.

I hope my answer was helpful. Please be sure to rank my answer so that I get credit for my work with you. A positive ranking in the top three would be appreciated.

Thanks and take care,

Kim