How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 27567
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are my rights as a landlord who has a generic lease

Customer Question

What are my rights as a landlord who has a generic lease with my tenant?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Can you clarify what is generic about the lease? I am not sure I understand what is signed with you and your father and what the situation is

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I printed a lease agreement from an online legal forms site. I filled it out with our information and my father and I signed it. We didn't file it with the courts or anything, we each just have a signed copy.
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Thank you and sorry about the delay. The lease is going to control. The terms and conditions which are stated in the lease are going to control. The fact that it was not filed with the court or recorded should not void or result in the lease being invalid. As the landlord, you have every right to say what happens in/on your property, as long as it does not interfere with the lease agreement or your fathers use and enjoyment of the rental. If he is failing to comply with the lease, you can then proceed with eviction if he does not sure

Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if there is anything else I can answer or clarify. I am here to help so please just let me know

Related Real Estate Law Questions