Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

In Flowery Branch Georgia, My residence (6115 McEver Rd) I

Customer Question
have a 0.49 acre residential...
in Flowery Branch Georgia, My residence (6115 McEver Rd) I have a 0.49 acre residential property. are their rules of thumb concerning height or size of an external building, which i will use as a workshop.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/3/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: LegalEagle1, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Lawyer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

I need some additional information before I can assist you. Can you tell me if you within a government subdivision such as a city, township, etc? And if so which one. Looking at the map I believe that you are outside the city limits of Flowery Branch.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i am outside city, of course in county, but i am not in a subdivision nor township. Although there are several subdivisions on mcever road. note, this property borders corps of engineers property of lake lanier on two sides, and mcever road on other .
i was concerned only because my contractor asked if i knew of any restrictions.

Am I correct that you are in Hall County?

Here is a link to Hall County's Building Inspections Department.

http://www.hallcounty.org/207/Building-Inspections

They operate under a unified code system that is applicable regardless of which jurisdiction construction occurs. They enforce the International Building Codes as prescribed by the International Code Council, mandated by and amended by the State of Georgia.

There are links to the building codes they enforce available on the link I provided above. You should provide that to your contractor.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need additional information. Please rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.

LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1
LegalEagle1, Lawyer