How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LegalEagle1 Your Own Question
LegalEagle1, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 793
Experience:  Practicing attorney licensed for over 23 years.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
LegalEagle1 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Flowery Branch Georgia, My residence (6115 McEver Rd) I

Customer Question

in Flowery Branch Georgia, My residence (6115 McEver Rd) I have a 0.49 acre residential property. are their rules of thumb concerning height or size of an external building, which i will use as a workshop.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

I need some additional information before I can assist you. Can you tell me if you within a government subdivision such as a city, township, etc? And if so which one. Looking at the map I believe that you are outside the city limits of Flowery Branch.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i am outside city, of course in county, but i am not in a subdivision nor township. Although there are several subdivisions on mcever road. note, this property borders corps of engineers property of lake lanier on two sides, and mcever road on other .
i was concerned only because my contractor asked if i knew of any restrictions.
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 11 months ago.

Am I correct that you are in Hall County?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  LegalEagle1 replied 11 months ago.

Here is a link to Hall County's Building Inspections Department.

They operate under a unified code system that is applicable regardless of which jurisdiction construction occurs. They enforce the International Building Codes as prescribed by the International Code Council, mandated by and amended by the State of Georgia.

There are links to the building codes they enforce available on the link I provided above. You should provide that to your contractor.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need additional information. Please rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.