Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am a private practice therapist in California. I am on an

Customer Question

I am a private practice therapist in California. I am on an annual lease agreement with the leaseholders in the office suite. They have a different route they want to talk the office and want mine to rent to one of their folks Mondays and Wednesdays, but I need those days. They said they could let me out of my lease early. Problem is, I have people who sublet my office. If the leaseholders release me from my lease, I can give notice to one renter, but the other is on the same year lease as me (but she rents from me). There's no 30-day notice clause with this renter of mine. How do I get freed from this lease (if they insist) and still rent to this renter who has a year rental agreement with me? None of the options the leaseholders have given me work for me.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon Brenda,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. I don't understand the facts yoiu are tarting to present as they are written. Can you rephrase your facts please?

2. There appear to be multiple lease agreements involved here---is that correct?

3. Please explain what you mean by: They have a different route they want to talk the office and want mine to rent to one of their folks Mondays and Wednesdays, but I need those days?

4. You are both leasing and subletting your office?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
02 August 2016 01:47
LawTalk LawTalk
Real Estate Lawyer
Good afternoon Brenda,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.1. I don't understand the facts yoiu are tarting to present as they are written. Can you rephrase your facts please?
Yes. There are 3 therapists in the office. Two lease the office suite we're all in from a property manager. I let them know that I could not keep the same lease come renewal time on 11/30/16, and they agreed that I could rent two days in the office.Now they are saying they have a renter who wants to use my office Mondays and Tuesdays. They want me to switch around my renter's days. But, this doesn't work for me. The alternative, they said, is that they can release me from my lease with them. But, I am leasing space to someone through 11/30/16. How do I keep my commitment to this renter if I am being released from my lease?2. There appear to be multiple lease agreements involved here---is that correct?
Yes. I have a year lease with Rebecca. And I lease to Monica.3. Please explain what you mean by: They have a different route they want to talk the office and want mine to rent to one of their folks Mondays and Wednesdays, but I need those days?
They have a therapist they are bringing in who wants my office space on Mondays and Tuesdays. But I need it Tuesdays. They are showing no flexibility.4. You are both leasing and subletting your office?
Yes.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Are you willing to have me call you for just $9 more?

Doug

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there an answer here?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello?