Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Can a lien be attached to one's assets, e.g. a manufactured

Customer Question
home that has no land...
Can a lien be attached to one's assets, e.g. a manufactured home that has no land attached with it (such as it residing in a manufactured homes park where lot is rented?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/2/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Yes, this kind of personal property can have a lien attached to it. So you will want to ensure that you have identified the creditor, that they have provided you with any lien information they may have filed, and that they provide you with a release of lien.

(These liens are different from those filed against real property, so they do not get filed with the County Recorder's Office, but they can be filed with the SOS, or be recorded as a UCC lien and be enforced by a sale).

CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer