Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.
18215332

I live in oregon and am curious of what is necessary to

Customer Question

i live in oregon and am curious of what is necessary to evict my non paying renter son. we have no formal contract and he is 34. isimply asking him to leave will be of little affect unless we get authorities involver--any ideas
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Portland Oregon
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no i was not sure how to proceed or what my parameters were for doing this--should i consult a lawyer and if so what type
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: he is thirty four, sometimes pays for food and sometimes helps with chores, he has temper tantrums on occassions that cause major stress--u;timately he would have no place to go as he is under employed.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation. If you cannot resolve things with your son, I suggest that you hire a lawyer who handles landlord-tenant matters. S/he will know how to file for a court ordered eviction in your local small claims court. Please enter a positive ratig for my assistance, and thanks for using JUST ANSWER.