How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask J. Warren Your Own Question
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2242
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
J. Warren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Purchased a mobile home on 10 acres in Spokane threw a real

Customer Question

purchased a mobile home on 10 acres in Spokane threw a real estate was listed as a 1986 mobile home. so we bought it. went to refinace and found out it is a 1972 mobile home. cant insure or finance.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site.

I am sorry you are dealing with this situation. If you can prove that real estate company knew the mobile home was manufactured in 1972 and actively concealed this fact from you and it is not something that you could have easily discovered then you would have a fraud and misrepresentation claim against the real estate company.

Unfortunately, if the seller is unwilling to reach an agreement to compensate you for the damage they have caused by this misrepresentation you would need to bring a lawsuit seeking damages. Often in these cases, to get the seller to negotiate and discuss the matter with you will take retaining a local attorney. I realize this is the last thing you want to do and want to spend money on.

In addition, if this was a licensed real estate company with the State of Washington you can file a complaint with the licensing board and the Attorney General consumer protection division. While neither of these agencies can force the seller to compensate you for you losses and damages, they can issue fines, penalties and sanctions against the real estate company.

All my best and encouragement. Thank you for allowing me to help you with your questions. I realize this was not the answer you were hoping to receive however I have done my best to provide information which truthfully addresses your question. Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  J. Warren replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry I am not able to fulfill your Live Phone Request at this time. Would you like me to "opt out" so another attorney can assist you?