How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask KJL LAW Your Own Question
KJL LAW, Arbitrator
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 1458
Experience:  Attorney at Law Office of KJLLAW
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
KJL LAW is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have contractors, in my home also a representative from

Customer Question

I have contractors, in my home also a representative from the reality company. They are doing repairs in contract with a signed agreement through NYC housing court. None of the individuals present at this time will answer my questions, or knowledge my questions in anyway. I was only told that the owner of the reality company will arrive sometime between now and 5pm. I am to wait for him to to explain the situation also, I have asked for my new lease which began yesterday. I have been asking for my new lease for approx. 3 months. The reality company were supposed to make these repairs on 6/20/2016. I allowed the contractors access to my apartment on that date. The materials cabinets pipes were, not ordered, and the work was not done after I filed a complaint in housing court. I was told the materials were now available, I informed my reality manager that I was going on vacation and would contact him upon return. I returned, and he refused to make repairs until we went to housing court, he refused to contact or speak to me. I was told that I was denying the company access to my apartment. Now the situation is very uncomfortable in my home while I have three individuals here who will not talk to me about the issues at hand.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. The workers are not allowed to legally inform you of what is going on. The owner is probably ordered to repair your apartment by the court, but unless their is a time frame written into the order, you will have to go back to Housing court to enforce the order. If the management company has a lawyer, then legally you must speak with their lawyer to obtain information on the matter. But for the unfinished work you myst go back into court to ask the judge to issue another order regarding the landlords violation and failure to follow the order.I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I explained that all to you your answer makes no sense? did you read the question?
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 1 year ago.
Legally you must go back in court and file another complaint, and ask the judge to fine them and issue a second order to comply. Also the judge is the only person in the city who can force the landlord to sign a new lease. You have no other legal avenues based upon your facts. He can refuse to speak with you and if he has an attorney the attorney must communicate with you.

Related Real Estate Law Questions