How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 19488
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about property tax. I have a property. The

Customer Question

I have a question about property tax. I have a property. The county has almost doubled the tax value this year. It is a vacant mobile home. I purchased the lot in 2008 for $5500 and put a used mobile home on it that cost $100 plus $400 to move it. I had a tax hearing a few years back and got the value set at $10K. I was not happy with that because it only cost me $5500. Now I have to do it again. There are a few vacant lots out in that area and the county has them all valued at $15K but that is not what they are selling for. How can I get the county to set the value at the actual purchased value?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, there is no specific way to do this. I have actually not see this done. The only thing you can hope for is to get the County not to increase the value from the current assessment.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.