How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Swartz Your Own Question
Thomas Swartz
Thomas Swartz, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3139
Experience:  Twenty one years experience as a lawyer in New York and New Jersey. Former Appellate Law Clerk.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Thomas Swartz is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My neighbor basement floods and they pump the water over to

Customer Question

My neighbor basement floods and they pump the water over to my house and its cording my foundation are they responds able for damages
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Thomas Swartz replied 12 months ago.

Hello Curtis,

Yes. A landowner who directs water by artificial means such as by pipes, pumps etc., as opposed to natural means such as the natural slope of land, is responsible to adjoining landowners who are damaged by the direction of water. If your foundation is being damaged by your neighbor pumping water, you have a valid civil lawsuit claim against him for damages and an injunction.


Related Real Estate Law Questions