Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Two brothers own property and you rent from for many years

Customer Question
Two brothers own property...
Two brothers own property and you rent from for many years and you want to put a new roof over your picnic table because the old one was rotten. One brother says yes and the other sat no and wants you off the ground when lease up July 2017. And the other says we can stay. What should we do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Real Estate Law
8/1/2016
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the two brothers disagree, that is between them, since either one of them can issue a lease to you and you can have rights to stay. You are not part of their dispute and they have to resolve the dispute between themselves. What you need to do is deal with the brother who is friendly with you and wants you to stay and help them get whatever you need to give them so you can renew your lease next year.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer